A balance model of theoretical sustainability: Framework and propositions
2016 (English)In: Corporate Governance : The International Journal of Effective Board Performance, ISSN 1472-0701, E-ISSN 1758-6054, Vol. 16, no 1, 21-34 p.Article in journal (Refereed) Published
– This paper aims to describe and discuss a balance model of theoretical business sustainability, to leverage the inferior side, so as to enhance performance.
– A conceptual description and discussion are provided, along with an empirical depiction.
– The empirical illustration presents one organization that embodies the goals of theoretical business sustainability in the marketplace and society.
– Further research is needed to enhance our understanding of the phenomenon and performance of business sustainability in supply chains.
– Findings highlight that there is no justification for practitioners to strive consistently for anything other than theoretical business sustainability, and stakeholders need to push organizations in that direction.
– The paper contributes to our understanding of what should be done and why business sustainability performance should be improved in supply chains.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2016. Vol. 16, no 1, 21-34 p.
Business sustainability, Concurrent engineering (CE), Corporate social responsibility, Supply chain management (SCM)
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:hj:diva-34077DOI: 10.1108/CG-01-2015-0006ISI: 000373379400002ScopusID: 2-s2.0-84954452164OAI: oai:DiVA.org:hj-34077DiVA: diva2:1048919